Monday, February 8, 2010

day before the next hit

Just got internet power in work. Thought I'd post some weather blog before heading home to no electric, heat, and lights. Have been without power since friday at 3:30am. Wildwood is under a state of emergency whether the governor declares it or not. It was one of the worst snow storms that I've ever experienced. Very very scary. Winds created havoc with the pelting heavy blizzard which encased the house. I felt like I was in "The Shining" with so much intense whiteout conditions which stuck to every single door and window blindfolding us from the outside. Afterwards, the next day (Sunday) we dug out as much as possible. There's still alot to go. I'd say about 18-20 inches in drifts created by the intense winds. But, we're enjoying blue skies and some melt down today. Back to our jobs and some normalcy. It's around 25 degrees and sunny. Not sure about the next storm coming our way tomorrow night, but it's coming from what I hear...and could be another big punch! So, as of Monday at 3:30pm on 2/8/10...still no electricity and on survival mode.

No comments: