Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blustery and Brisk

Mornin'! It's 28° in WW at 6a.m. My ankles are cold. Temps will get into the low-mid 30's today and the sun will be shining down but get this...will be ineffective! Their words, not mine and self-explanatory. 13 more days until Winter with longer and hopefully more effective sunny days. We can only hope. We're dealing with "chill-factors" again as those pesky W-NW winds are directed right at this island at 15-25mph with gusts of 35mph...thus chill factors of around 18°. Ocean temp is dropping now at 41° (not quite as cold as the Titanic waters...which was 10° colder) but 41° ocean temp is not as insulating as it was. I'd say it's now adding to the bluster. It's bitter cold on this island. High tide:8:55a.m.; Low tide:3:27p.m. Oh well...bring it on and lets get this over with...I'll be starting the Spring countdown soon.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

There goes my geraniums!

Miss Sugar said...

Guess you should have put them inside.

Henry H. Turtle said...

cold ankles = cankles

Jim Anders said...

abs +urdu (Urdu is a register of the Hindustani language identified with Muslims. It is the national language and one of the two official languages of Pakistan) = Absurd U.

Kathy said...

the comments to my blog today give me much joy. thanks all.

Jim Anders said...

Who's Joy? And stop calling me Shirley.