Thursday, January 27, 2011

Once again...Dodged The Bullet!


Mornin'! It's currently 31° in Wildwood. It's an hour before daybreak, and the moon and stars are out and there's not much breeze to report. It's quiet and still and although everything's white, there's just a dusting of snow as we dodged the ol' bullet again! Whew! (I'm wiping my brow on that one). No shoveling needed. Temps will only get a few degrees higher and reach the mid-30's. Sun will probably take care of any of the white stuff laying about. Breezes will come along later from the NW at 10-20mph. High tide:1:38p.m.; Low tide:7:47a.m.; Ocean temp: 34°. Tomorrow and Saturday could be gray with flurries and another storm is eyeing us up for Tuesday...I'm just saying. Oops almost forgot to say...53 days until Spring.

5 comments:

Jim Anders said...

I love how snow insulates sound and ground. Where I come from an "onion snow" is looked forward to, the onions planted and spring is in the air. I didn't know this was a regional expression. We didn't have "pierogi snow" but I wouldn't turn down the offer.

Jim Anders said...

Snowing cats and dogs? Anyone?

Kathy said...

Amish much?

Henry H. Turtle said...

PIEROGI and ONIONS, now that's sounding good!

Jim Anders said...

Dodi gets the allusion and illusion.
A-Mish U boat show mush.