Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Mornin'! In honor of all those who have served or given the ultimate sacrifice...today we salute you! Many, many, many thanks. Perhaps each of us could do one good deed today in their honor. The weather is certainly saluting all of us as it's another perfect day in Wildwood. It's currently 74° in WW with sun, blue skies, southwest breeze blowing in at 10-15mph. As I watered the gardens this morning I had my first summer bead of sweat on my brow. I also heard the faint sound of someone's airconditioner. What's that? I realize warm, summer temps are heading this way today as we get into the mid-upper 80's on the island this Memorial Day...but closed up inside with an airconditioner running is just a weird reality. An even weirder reality is alot of visitors will be heading home and turning their backs on yet another perfect beach day. For those of us celebrating another day here in WW...High tide:6:51p.m.; Low tide:12:20p.m.; Ocean Temp: 66°; Sunset: 8:17p.m. In three weeks it will officially be Summer!

No comments: