Thursday, January 17, 2013

In the Storm's Path today

Mornin'!  It's 43° in WW.  There's light rain coming down as I type.  It's feeling a bit like Seattle as of late in the Woods and I'm beginning to forget what it's like to have sun peering in the windows.  The island's right in the path of a winter storm pointed directly at us from the South.  The morning rain showers will transition to snow showers by the afternoon.  Every forecast I checked said that the snow will ramp up and continue tonight and all night hitting the southern Jersey coast with anywhere from 2-4" of the white stuff.  Now where did I put that snow shovel and scraper?  Last I remember, it was in the "to be hosed down" pile covered with loads of Sandy debris.  Temps will begin dropping and by this afternoon will be in the low-mid 30's.  W-NW breezes will be 15-20mph.  So that's that...it's looking like Wildwood's about to have it's first snowfall of the year and after I'm done blogging I'm heading to the closet for the winter gear.  Oh...all forecasts are saying "SUN" will return sometime tomorrow. 
High tide:12:12p.m.
Low tide:5:59p.m.
Ocean temp:45°
Sunset:5:05p.m.

No comments: