Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Under Winter Storm Watch

Mornin'!  It's 12° in Wildwood.  There's a thick blanket of snow (my guess is 3-4") on the island. I was out shoveling this early morn before blogging and found the snow light and airy and very easy-peasy on the back.  I worked up a nice sweat.  By the time I was done, everything I cleared was covered with another layer though.  It's still coming down as I type.  The plows (I'm happy to report) have gone down my street three times.  The winds are out of the N at 8-10mph and hardly a chill factor I guess because all that shoveling provided that added warmth and sweat making the cold hardly noticeable.  It'll be mostly cloudy today as temps tap the low-mid 20s.  There's a 50% chance of snow showers throughout the morning and by this afternoon we may see peeks of sun.  The winds will kick up from the NW at 20-25mph.  Tonight...back into the teens.  I swear it's getting harder and harder to imagine summer and a warm beach day.
High tide:6:42p.m.
Low tide:12:25p.m.
Ocean temp:35°
Sunset:5:16p.m.
Summer:142days

No comments: