Saturday, March 1, 2014

March has begun its march in

It's Coming!  It's Coming!
Mornin'!  It's 21° in Wildwood.  It's clear and bright and quiet and Ms. Sun's crossing the horizon as I type.  It'll be a deceivingly mild start to the month of March and weekend.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...March is my least favorite of all 12 months.  In fact, I dread it; despise it; hate it.  Funny, my Zodiac sign is a Lion and March rolls in like one every year and I feel like I'm ready to pounce.  It was never like that until I moved to the Shore.  March is brutal down the shore.  It's Winter with a twist... the "winds" and that's even though "Spring" is in March... on the 20th. Those brutal March winds are about to present themselves so strap in.  Not today though.  Here's today's...  First up...New Moon so watch for tidal flooding.  It'll be mostly sunny with breezes out of the S-SW at 8-10mph as temps tap the 40° mark.  Same but even a bit warmer tomorrow.  Dropping down into the 30s tonight under mostly clear skies.  The fun doesn't begin until tomorrow night...a huge westerly storm is approaching and should reach us by then.  Every forecast for the local shore weather is saying a mostly rain event with a possibility of a couple inches of the white stuff on the backside and even more of a possibility of an ice storm for us.  I'll have more to report tomorrow, but for now...we may miss the "snow" bullet again unlike the Harrisburg/Philly/Washington,DC areas...could get up to 12".  Don't know about you, but I hear a Lion roaring in the distance.
High tide:7:40a.m.
Low tide:1:43p.m.
Ocean temp:38°
Sunset:5:51p.m.

No comments: