Monday, February 2, 2015

Groundhog Day

Mornin'!  It's 45° in Wildwood.  Yes...45° and extremely windy.  I was shocked when I went out on the back porch to check the thermometer as the minute I walk out the door, the balmy temps blew right in my face.  Other than the winds...no storm here...just a little mist and fog.  All around us or I should say north and/or west of us...I'm hearing "stormy".  Whew...missed that bullet again.  We'll have light rain throughout the day as temps rise into the upper 40s/low 50s.  It'll be a windy one though.  Right now...S-SW breezes at 27-41mph are wifting (I mean wafting) over us.  By this afternoon, they'll shift from the NW at 40-43(+gusting) as the rain will turn to snow showers as the temps drop .  Tonight...clear and down into the upper 20s.  It looks like it'll be clear and cold on the overnight as tomorrow Ms Sun is supposed to return with temps in the 20s and winds still kicking.  I'll check back in later about Punxsutawney Phil's shadow this morning as it's too early at this writing...still dark out!
High tide:6:45a.m. and 7:11p.m.
Low tide:12:53p.m.
Ocean temp:39°
Sunset:5:22p.m.
Footnote: Groundhog saw his shadow...6 more weeks of winter!  Whatever.  How the hell can a rodent see his shadow when it's overcast with snow showers?  It's all stupid if you ask me.  I'm going with...forget all about that Groundhog crap and focus on the 1st day of Spring...March 20th...46 more days!

No comments: