Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Winter Weather Advisory Posted

Mornin'!  It's 31° in Wildwood.  We've got some weather stuff going on out there.  First, it's windy...extremely windy...N-NE at 26-32mph sustained winds with gusting creating freight train howling sounds all around my house.  Second it's cloudy.  Thirdly...it's misty.  And, all that mist is creating an icy glaze on all the surfaces out there.  I was okay walking on the back porch but the hand rails drew my attention  as they were glistening and when I touched them..."icy".  Then, I noticed the car in my driveway...ice coated.  So...I'm guessing "it's always dark and coldest before dawn" and the islanders will have some weather to deal with this morning.  "If it's wet...assume it's icy" is what all the weather people are reporting so I'm going with that this morning.  Today...cloudy and misty (much like yesterday...raw) with temps in the low 30s and winds sticking around and blasting us with its Northeast blasts.  Tonight...much of the same as the mist and wind will be staying checked in until late tonight.  Careful out there!
High tide:11:46a.m.
Low tide:5:30p.m.
Ocean temp:36°
Sunset:5:31p.m.


No comments: