Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Day!

Mornin'!  Happy New Year!  Welcome 2016!  I officially started my blog on New Year's Day 2010 and it's amazing that I'm beginning my 6th year of weather blogging for Wildwood, NJ!  Let's do this! It's 41° under gray skies on the island.  No breezes to note at the moment but apparently they're going to ramp up late today (NW at 18-21mph).  Temps will stay where they are now and maybe by tonight we'll hit 45°.  Winds will stay checked in and wift (I mean "waft") over us from the W-NW and by tonight...27-33mph.  No rain in the forecast but lots of clouds as it'll be a mix of clouds and sun again today.  Yesterday we had maybe 2 good peeks of sun which wasn't quite in the forecast as Ms Sun was supposed to be shining most of the day warming us... didn't happen.  In fact, she was supposed to be checked in for most of  last week and a half peeking in here and there and barely made her presence known at all.  I'll be surprised if she checks in by the way these clouds look. I found out that Philly was blue sky with sun pouring down yesterday while it was gray and chilly and more dreariers down the shore.  Oh well...Ms Sun's up there...just waiting for her to break on through those clouds as (should I say this...) it's supposed to be a sunny weekend and a nice kick off for the start of a New Year!
High tide:12:54p.m.
Low tide:6:56p.m.
Ocean temp:50°
Sunset:4:48p.m.

No comments: