Tuesday, January 5, 2016

On the "cold" side

Mornin'!  It's 11° in Wildwood.  It's freezing, clear and windy (N-NE 25-30mph). My first thought when I saw the back porch thermometer was "Why am I still living here and not living in Florida?" and the first thing my husband said to me when we met in the kitchen this morning was "Good morning, are you wondering why we're not living in Florida"?  He nailed that one. It's brutal out there with a chill factor of -1°.  It's the first real taste of winter in 10 months and I knew when winter hit it would with a vengeance since we've been spoiled with mild weather.  It'll be sunny today with temps in the upper 20s and winds out of the North at 15-20mph.  Tonight...clear and cold with temps in the low 20s and breezes remaining out of the North at 11-14mph.  Tomorrow...much of the same and a tad warmer.  By Friday...back into the 50s.  Not sure about that being any consolation as whatever way you look at it...Winter's checked in.
High tide:4:52p.m.
Low tide:10:14a.m.
Ocean temp:50°
Sunset:4:52p.m.

No comments: