Friday, December 1, 2017

Welcome December!

Mornin'!  It's 48° in Wildwood NJ.  Happy December!  Hopefully, it'll be a month that's as kind to us as November.  You just never know especially when the first day of Winter (the Winter Solstice) is just a measly 20 days away.  We've had both mild as well as bitterly cold Decembers as it all remains to be seen.  But today when I stepped on the porch, it felt cold as those blustery winds (N-NW 15-20mph) went right through me as I grasped the collar of my bathrobe around my neck.  We did have showers overnight and those rain clouds are out of here as that clear, autumn crispness and sky full of stars and of course that nearly full moon was what I noticed next.  The actual Full Moon is Sunday.  It'll be another pleasant day this first day of December with plentiful sunshine, temps in the low 50s and breezes out of the N-NW at 15-20mph.  Tonight...clear, temps in the mid-upper 40s with breezes out of the North at 8-10mph.  As for the weekend...much like today but just a tad cooler.  Ms Sun will be shining at least until next Tuesday.  As for that earthquake yesterday afternoon...my story is I was home using the upstairs bathroom when out of the blue things in the bathroom began to shake and quiver.  Next to my bathtub, I have a table with a ceramic planter holding a small palm tree (3') and next to that table stands an old boat oar.  All three (table, ceramic plant w/palm and oar) began moving and shaking.  My first thought was "earthquake" and ran downstairs out the back door and yelled out to my husband who was in the backyard "Did you just feel an earthquake?"  He did not and suggested I check out the computer (social media) or TV for any news and sure enough...we had a 4.4 earthquake in Dover, DE which was felt here.  The excitement just never ends!
High tide:5:25a.m. and 5:53p.m.
Low tide:11:39a.m.
Ocean temp:53°
Sunrise:6:58a.m.
Sunset:4:39p.m.

No comments: