Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Hump Day Gloomies

Mornin'!  It's 45° in Wildwood NJ.  I'm back to getting a good night's sleep as today's blog entry will be a bit more on a retiree's schedule.  Retirement's going very well by the way.  It's almost 4 months now and I still feel like pinching myself especially when I don't have to think about work.  At all.  I do think it became almost an obsession with that the ol' work element/ethic inside me being all-consuming more often than not.  It's really an extraordinary gift to be free of someone else's expectations and have my own time to myself and live down the shore to boot.  Even when this wintry weather won't let go, I'm loving the slow motion of life's flow. I've never anticipated summer/vacation weather like this before either.  Who knows what this summer and autumn (the jewel of all the seasons along the coast) will bring as I am now truly able to take "do what I want" full advantage of living here.  Things are beginning to happen to kick off the 2018 season bringing the excitement level up a notch. The beach is getting raked (great fragrance), shops are opening, good restaurants and fun dockside bars are getting ready to open (some are now open on weekends), my sandchairs are out of storage, my leafy green seedlings are almost 2" high already, my new canvas porch awnings are coming, my outdoor shower is ready!  When I moved here 14 years ago, I did envision this.  God willing, I'm on the precipice of having off from work for the next 6+ months!  Life is good.
It's currently..gray, on the foggy side, misty and wet with winds thrown in (E-SE 15-20mph).  The ocean's whitewater is roaring big time (I can hear it loud and clear from 6+ blocks away).  It's raining lightly at the moment.  Overnight we had some nice rounds of rain showers.  Nothing too major but everything got a good watering.  There's a 70% chance of showers off and on all day today.  Temps should be around the mid-upper 50s with those blasted SE winds howling around at 10-20mph + gusting (30+mph).  One forecast did mention peeks of sun off and on this afternoon (that's my bet). And, another mentioned that those after 2p.m. rains that are on the forecast could be heavy and involve a thunderstorm or two.  We're heading into a full moon this coming weekend and the tides could be on the higher than normal side so just be aware of that.  Tonight...showers (30% chance) with temps in the upper 40s / low 50s and SE winds at 10-12mph.  Tomorrow...now that's what I'm talking about...sunny and mid-60s!  Oh...the weekend so far looks good too...sunny and mild!
High tide:5:28p.m.
Low tide:11:05a.m.
Ocean temp:49°
Sunset:7:48

2 comments:

Moe said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your retirement. Still too scared as not having anything to keep me busy enough to retire.

Jim Anders said...

Nice post, Kathy! Congrats, again on your retirement!
Enjoy your new relationship with Time!