Thursday, July 19, 2018

Beauty On The Island

Mornin'!  It's 69° in Wildwood NJ.  Blog's a little late...my gardens came first this morning.  Blue skies abound as Ms Sun is shining down.  Humidity's 72% with a Dewpoint of 57°.  There's a North-Northeast breeze at 7-12mph making me feel very grateful for have the opportunity to live on a what resembles a tropical island today.  I do admit sometimes living here (now 14 years) is taken for granted.  But, every so often a start to the day like this one is a major reality check on how lucky I am.  It's perfection in my opinion.  Anyway...the perfection continues with a sunny, calm day with blue skies, temps just tapping the 80s, breezes out of the N-NE and switching by mid-day to S-SE all at 7-12mph.  Tonight...clear, temps in the low 70s with S-SE breezes at 7-12mph.  Tomorrow...more of the same.  The weekend...not so much.  It's looking gray and damp for the weekend.
High tide:2:21p.m.
Low tide:7:43a.m. and 8:17p.m.
Ocean temp:73°
Sunset:8:23p.m.
UV Index: 8-10 (high)
Rip Currents: Low risk
I've had a few mentions noting the upcoming week's weather and I've been now keeping a close watch.  It's looking sinister.  By that, I mean every single day has "precipitation" in the forecast.  Here's the thing...I've always noted that when the forecasts read "50% or more" chance of precipitation, I personally would prepare for it.  It's leaning towards the real deal but it still may not rain (or fog or mist or snow or whatever). 50% chance is usually a percentage you might want to pay attention to though.  When it's 20%, 30% or 40% chance...I have seen many, many forecasts that say those percentages and it could be a mostly sunny day.  So, your guess is as good as mine but if we all put together our positive vibes and thoughts...some good will come out of next week's weather!

No comments: