Saturday, August 4, 2018

Happy 5th Birthday To My Grandson!

Mornin'!  It's 75° in Wildwood NJ.  About an hour ago we were getting a sprinkling of rain and now Ms Sun's breaking through and trying to shine down.  Everything's wet and my herb garden is making its lovely presence known.  It's humid 91% humidity with a 74° dewpoint.  There's a very light breeze out of the South at 3-5mph.  It's a really nice morning.  So, this unsettled (possibly rainy) Saturday looks like all weather reports coming in are now changed up a bit.  I thought it might be a washout but nada.  I'm going with the majority...somewhat cloudy / somewhat sunny day with a 30% chance of a passing shower (could even be a thunderstorm) into this afternoon.  As I've repeatedly said...30% chance is that you'll not likely see any rain but everyone's covering their butts in case we have a shower or two. My guess is that it will not be anything near a washout.  Today will become increasingly clearer with less and less cloud cover until it's mostly sunny by early evening (perhaps a beautiful sunset).  Temps will be in the mid-80s.  Southwest winds are on tap...10-20mph.  Tonight...clear, Southwest winds sticking around at 5-10mph with temps in the mid-70s.  Looks like a beautiful night tonight.  Tomorrow...clear and sunny with temps in the mid-upper 80s with (I hate to say it) West winds at 4-6mph.  They will shift to Southerly by the afternoon though.  But, just to hear myself talk...any breezes/winds with "West" in it, the greenhead (biting) flies wift (waft) right along with that breeze toward the beach as they find our bodies delectable.  Pack the insect repellent just in case.  And, A very Happy Birthday to my Grandson!  He's my most blessed gift!  Have a nice weekend!
High tide:1:57p.m.
Low tide:7:14a.m. and 8:12p.m.
Ocean temp: 77°
Sunset:8:09p.m.
UV Index:9 (high)
Rip Currents: Moderate (swim near a lifeguard)

No comments: