Monday, September 10, 2018

Monday Mix

Mornin'!  It's 66° in Wildwood NJ. It's raining lightly.  It's still very windy E-NE at 25-35mph. Humidity's 96% with a Dewpoint of 67°.  Jeez what a mess of things out there.  Thanks to this incredible, relentless Nor'easter, I've got my work cut out for me this morning.  We had some serious new-moon, wind-driven flooding in my neck of the woods last night.  I'm talking water in my shed, floating trashcans, storage bins, flower pots, chairs and boogie board with broken branches/leaves etc. all over the yard. My vehicle thankfully made out okay (no water inside as the flood waters were just tapping my hubcaps).  Speaking of "thankfully" after taking outside inventory, we came away basically unscathed.  It's just dirty with sxxx everywhere.  It'll be a cloudy, wet (plenty of rain on tap), windy, damp start to the day but Ms Sun does plan on making an afternoon appearance as temps climb back into the mid-upper 70s.  Winds will calm down as well S-SE 13-20mph.  Tonight...partly cloudy with temps in the mid-70s and breezes out of the S-SE 9-11mph.  Tomorrow...more sunshine and warmer temps with much less in the "breeze" department.  We're still watching for this ol' Florence who has her sights on the bottom of the North Carolina coast for the end of this week and weekend.
High tide:9:03a.m. and 9:20p.m.
Low tide:2:59p.m.
Ocean temp:79°
Sunset:7:18p.m.
UV Index:5-6
Rip Currents: Red Zone (high risk of dangerous/life-threatening currents).  Don't enter the ocean.

No comments: