Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving Day

Mornin'!  Happy Thanksgiving!  It's 29° in Wildwood NJ.  Breezes are out of the N-NW at 15-18mph with a windchill (feels like) of 19° out there.  Winter's arrived and my aching bones are feeling it.  Whew...that winter blast is nasty when stepping outside to check the ol' porch thermometer!  It'll feel really cold all throughout the day today due to the winds and the much colder temps that will hover around the 30° mark.  Today's winds will be out N-NW at 19-22mph creating a windchill in the teens most of the day and into tonight.  It'll be sunny and clear all day with a full moonlit sky tonight but temps will continue to give the feeling of winter as the winds intend to stay checked in helping that chill stay put.  Tomorrow won't feel that much warmer.  Although the winds will be lighter with a mix of sun and clouds, the temps are staying in the 20s and 30s.  Still looks like rain Saturday.  Aside from the cold and the weather, many wonderful blessings have been giving to me.  I know I'm blessed and I'm very grateful.  My home will be warm today with love as well as plenty of food cooking as it's just hubby and me celebrating alone here down the Shore.  All our kids will be with their significant others' families this holiday.  It's not stopping me from preparing a mini-feast of turkey and stuffing, cranberries,  Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, coleslaw and pie for dessert (hubby requested that I make his favorite a Key Lime Pie instead of Pumpkin since it was just us this year)! He also suggested we just stay in our PJs all day and I'm totally down with that! Happy Thanksgiving!
High tide:7:12a.m.
Low tide:1:01p.m.
Ocean temp:53°
Sunset:4:42p.m.
Moonrise:4:43p.m.

No comments: