Friday, September 6, 2019

Coastal Flood Advisory Posted Today

Mornin'!  It's 71° in Wildwood NJ.  It's cloudy and windy (NE 25-30mph +gusting).  It's not raining at the moment but it feels incredibly damp outside (90% humidity).  We're beginning to feel the remnants of Hurricane Dorian with these winds and dampness.  Expect some tropical storm conditions with winds and rain and you guessed it... tidal flooding.  There's a Coastal Flood Advisory posted as the winds will be pushing the surf onshore throughout the day and evening.  Be aware of low-lying areas on the island as you may have to move your vehicle to higher ground.  There's an 80% chance of rain today with NE winds at 25-35mph +gusting throughout the day and night.  Temps will be in the low-70s.  Tonight... 20% chance of rain with cloudy skies and temps in the low-60s.  Winds will continue to pound the island right into tomorrow.  The weekend's still looking sunny and warm.  The winds will calm down significantly but will remain on the "stiff" side (N-NW at 10-20mph).
High tide: 2:45PM
Low tide: 8:06AM
Ocean temp: 73°
Sunrise: 6:32AM
Sunset: 7:24PM
UV Index: 4 (Low)
Rip Current: High Risk - Red Zone (A high risk of rip currents means dangerous and potentially life-threatening conditions exist for anyone entering the Surf).

No comments: