Friday, May 22, 2020

New Moon Friday

Mornin'!  It's 58° in Wildwood NJ!  A lot is happening this early a.m.  First, we've got lots of cloud cover making for a fantastic sunrise which was less than an hour ago.  Ms Sun's do her best to brighten things up along the coast before the clouds take over the sky completely.  Breezes are light out of the E-SE at 6-9mph.  The salty seashore aroma is immediately evident when stepping outside.  The island birds are making their presence known (at least all around my neighborhood).  And, these clouds are insulating the sounds of the island.  The birds aren't the only thing loud and clear... I can hear the roar of the ocean waves 6+ blocks away.  (I always say "6+" since the actual walk is 6 city blocks then add to that the beach's width... about another block or two depending on the tides; the beach is extremely wide where I live).
Today's weather isn't that great.  In fact, the entire holiday weekend weather forecast doesn't have much going for it.  Expect lots of cloud cover with sporadic light showers this morning (70% chance) which evolve into a more steady rain for the afternoon.  High of 62°.  Winds will be out of the SE at 10-20mph.  Tonight... considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers (40% chance), low of 58° with S-SW winds at 10-15mph.  Tomorrow... 60% chance of scattered rain showers and thunderstorms.  Temps in the mid-upper 60s.  Sunday and Monday... cloudy and breezy.  Remember it's the "New Moon" today and the tides will be much higher than normal.
High tide: 8:17AM and 8:24PM
Low tide: 2:17PM
Ocean temp: 55°
Sunrise: 5:41AM
Sunset: 8:12PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 151,472
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 10,843
Corona Virus Cases in Cape May County: 534
Corona Virus Deaths in Cape May County: 44

No comments: