Sunday, January 29, 2023

Go Birds!

Mornin'!  It's 43° in Wildwood NJ.  It's a stunner this morning.  The briny air is thick with the sea, sand and salt fragrances.  Yes... our sand is very aromatic.  Some would call it fishy.  Same for the marsh especially at low tide.  I've heard some complain of the smell being "stinky" which I just don't get.  As my smelling sense is still working its way back to normal, I've been very aware as of late how much I've missed that aroma.  There's some cloud cover over the sunrise providing the insulation needed to hear the sounds of the surf crashing the shore from my back porch.  And, that's 6+ blocks away from the ocean.  And, for some reason the seagulls are all over the place laughing as they're flying up above.  It all comes together in such perfect harmony.  Enjoy it because it's going to get gray and possibly wet today.  For now, Ms Sun's painting the clouds surrounding her.  Breezes are out of the South at 4-8mph.  We're going to have a mix of sun and clouds this morning until the clouds eventually take over.  There's a 40% chance of showers this afternoon.  Temps will be mild though... 50°.  Winds will pick up out of the S-SW at 10-20mph.  Tonight.... cloudy, temps in the low-40s with W-SW winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... partly cloudy skies early becoming a cloudy day with a high of 48° and very light and variable breezes.  Today in Philly, it's the Philadelphia Eagles vs the San Francisco 49ers game. The weather is much like ours as temps are the same and there's a 30% chance of rain this afternoon.  By the way... the winner of this game goes to the Super Bowl!  If you've read my profile, you know I'm a Philly girl (born and raised) and I'm from an Eagles family (both parents).  I've been to many games and practices.  I even met some of the Eagles (way back in the day... even shook Pete Retzlaff's hand) after a practice at Franklin Field in the '60s when I was a kid.  It's a very exciting time right now and today's game is "off the chart" exciting.  Go Birds!
High Tide: 2:14PM
Low Tide: 8:11AM
Ocean Temp: 42°
Sunrise: 7:06AM
Sunset: 5:19PM

No comments: