Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Sunny Start - Cloudy, Wet Finish

Today's North Wildwood Webcam Shot
Mornin'!  It's 45° in Wildwood NJ.  We're under partly clear skies with Ms Sun ready to cross the horizon any moment now.  Breezes are light out of the SW at 4-6mph.  We're going to have the opposite of yesterday with a clear, sunny day to start with clouds rolling in later this morning giving way to rain clouds by this afternoon.  Expect a gray day ahead with 50% chance of rain.  Temps will just about tap 60° with SW winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... 90% chance of rain continuing into the overnight.  Temps will hover around the 50° mark with South winds at 10-15mph.  Tomorrow... a rainy day, high around 60° and North winds at 5-10mph.  Friday the sunshine returns with blustery NW winds.  At this time, the weekend's looking dry and sunny.  
High tide: 9:58AM
Low tide: 3:59PM
Ocean temp: 51°
Sunrise: 6:23AM
Sunset: 7:36PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 959,920
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,945
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 8,593
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 199

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Cloudy Start - Sunny Finish

Mornin'!  It's 47° in Wildwood NJ.  Breezes are out of the N-NE at 9-12mph.  We're under cloud cover again but this morning the clouds are breaking up here and there.  You can see what leftover clouds we had from yesterday and overnight are beginning to show signs of blue sky.  The forecasts are saying mostly cloudy early, then sunshine by this afternoon.  As the sun begins to warm the island, temps will rise up a bit and be in the low-mid 50s with E-NE winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... mostly clear as the sky prepares us for a decent sunset, mid-40s and S-SW breezes at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... clouds formulate again and cover the skies by the afternoon. There's 40% chance of rain.  Temps will just about tap 60° with S-SW winds at 10-20mph.  This next rain system will head right into Thursday afternoon but we actually could see the sun set by evening. 
High tide: 9:20AM
Low tide: 3:26PM
Ocean temp: 48°
Sunrise: 6:25AM
Sunset: 7:35PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 955,966
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,896
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 8,571
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 199

Monday, April 12, 2021

Gray Monday

Mornin'!  It's 49° in Wildwood NJ.  We're under thick cloud cover with not a chance of any morning sunrise.  Breezes are out of the N-NE at 10-15mph.  It's raw, chilly with that ominous feel.  Yesterday morning, we had heavy fog, but today it's only cloudy.  Late yesterday morning, we had Ms Sun break through and provide us a warm, sunny day.  Not sure if that will happen again today but most forecasts I've checked reported a gray day with thick cloud cover and a 20% chance of rain showers.  Ms Sun might break through this afternoon (according to one forecast).  Temps will be in the low-mid 50s with stiff N-NE winds at 15-25mph.  Tonight... mostly cloudy, 40% chance of rain, low around 45° and NE winds at 10-20mph.  Tomorrow... partly sunny / partly cloudy day with temps in the mid-50s and NE winds at 10-15mph.  Wednesday... we could see rain showers by the afternoon. Thursday... looks like a rainy day.  Friday... a slight chance of rain.  It's looking like April is showing her true colors this week.  Anything can change when it comes to the weather. You just never know.  

High tide: 8:43AM
Low tide: 2:52PM
Ocean temp: 48°
Sunrise: 6:26AM
Sunset: 7:34PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 953,490
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,870
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 8,557
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 199

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Gray, Wet, New-Moon, April Shower Sunday

Mornin'!  It's 55° in Wildwood NJ.  It's raining lightly with winds out of the E-SE at 8-10mph.  The light rain will continue until early afternoon (90% chance) and taper off as it'll develop into a mostly overcast and cloudy day.  Temps will tap 60° with SW winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... scattered rain showers return and thunderstorms are on the weather map (50% chance) with temps dropping to 50° and E-NE winds at 5-10mph.  It'll rain overnight into Monday with showers in the very early morning hours and a cloudy day on tap for tomorrow.  We should peeks of sun in the afternoon but it'll be breezy with N-NE winds at 15-25mph as temps in the mid-50s will feel much cooler I'm sure.  Ocean breezes aren't feeling refreshing yet.  The new moon is today creating much more higher than normal "high" tides.  

High Tide: 8:05AM and 8:24PM
Low Tide: 2:16PM
Ocean Temp: 48°
Sunrise: 6:28AM
Sunset: 7:33PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 950,103
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,859
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 8,539
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 199

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Saturday Mix On Tap

North Wildwood's Marsh and Ocean Webcams 
   
 









Mornin'!  It's 55° in Wildwood NJ.  It's sunny with a light breeze out of the E-SE at 7-9mph.  We've got cloud cover on the West side of the island and sunny skies on the East side.  It appears as though this cloud mass is moving northeast.  It's supposed to be generally cloudy today which would indicate that this mass of clouds is heading right for us.  Remains to be seen.  Expect a partly to mostly cloudy day with temps in the upper 50s / low 60s and SE winds at 5-10mph.  Tonight... cloudy with occasional showers (60% chance), temps in the low-50s, S-SE winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... rain (80% chance) but ending early with breaks of sun in the afternoon.  We could even see (and hear) a thunderstorm.  Temps will be tapping 60° with S-SE winds at 10-15mph.  Monday... mostly to partly cloudy with a high of 56°.
High Tide: 7:25AM and 7:48PM
Low Tide: 1:38PM
Ocean Temp: 48°
Sunrise: 6:29AM
Sunset: 7:32PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 946,504
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,826
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 8,515
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 199

Friday, April 9, 2021

A Mostly Cloudy Friday


Mornin'!  It's 48° in Wildwood NJ.  We're under partial cloud cover which is providing Ms Sun another picturesque sunrise in less than a half an hour.  The sky along the horizon is already painted with many shades of pastel colors.  Breezes are out of the East at 5-8mph.  A mass of unsettled, possibly wet weather is headed in our direction from the South.  Later today, a stray shower or thunderstorm is possible (25% chance) and by tonight... 75% chance.  Expect a  mostly cloudy day with the possibility of light rain and a high of 55°, with E-SE winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... rain showers and possibly thunderstorms with a low of 51° and E-SE winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... showers in the morning then cloudy in the afternoon with a high of 60° and SE winds at 10-15mph (50% chance of rain).  Sunday... another gray day with 50% chance of rain showers.  Monday... Ms Sun begins to peek on through the leftover weekend cloud cover.   By the way, the New Moon is Sunday and already the high tides are much more swollen than normal.  Be aware of any water you may be tempted to drive through.  It's mostly likely salt water or a mix of salt and rain waters if we get heavy rains and very corrosive stuff for that vehicle undercarriage. 
High tide: 6:42AM
Low tide: 12:58PM
Ocean temp: 48°
Sunrise: 6:31AM
Sunset: 7:31PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 942,311
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,783
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 8,489
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 199










This Morning's Webcam Shots - North Wildwood


Thursday, April 8, 2021

Spring Loveliness Continues

Mornin'!  It's 48° in Wildwood NJ.  The somewhat dark sky is turning gold as the horizon line prepares for dawn and Ms Sun who's crossing over in just about 10 minutes.  Breezes are light out of the East at 5-7mph.  It's a beautiful morning and the birds can vouch for me.   Another lovely Spring day is on tap.  Expect plenty of sunshine with temps tapping 60° and East winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... partly cloudy as some clouds roll on in.  Temps will drop down to where they are now... mid-upper 40s with E-SE winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... cloudy with a stray shower or two and even a thunderstorm is possible with temps in the mid-upper 50s and East winds at 10-15mph. At this time, it looks like the weekend will have "wet spots" with rain on Saturday morning turning to just a cloudy afternoon and evening.  Sunday's looking wet off and on throughout the day. 
High Tide: 6:25PM
Low Tide: 12:15PM
Ocean Temp: 48°
Sunrise: 6:32AM
Sunset: 7:30PM
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 937,979
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 24,744
Corona Virus Cases in Cape May County: 8,478
Corona Virus Deaths in Cape May County: 198