Saturday, November 3, 2012

Last Day of Daylight Saving

Mornin'!  It's a chilly, raw, gray 43° on the island this morning.  It just seems like its been so cold ever since we evacuated a week ago tomorrow.  It just seems like I was sitting on a warm summer beach not that long ago here.  It's going to be chilly today with a partially cloudy day and peeks of sun as temps just tap the 50° mark.  Winds will be out of the NW at 15-20mph all day.  Tomorrow a bit more sun, but same chilly, breezy day.  Turn the clocks back an hour tonight for that extra hour.  As I type that I cannot grasp the magnitude of all those homeless hurricane victims who could care less about turning the clocks.  I'm so grateful to have my home and warmth as well as clocks to turn back. Speaking of home and warmth, our daughter and husband in Levittown, PA got their power back last night after 5 days without it and I'm happy and grateful for that too!
High tide:11:10a.m.
Low tide:5:31p.m.
Ocean temp:59°
Sunset:5:57p.m.

1 comment:

Jim Anders said...

I saved my daylight in a mayonnaise jar like the child I was with lightning bugs. Oops, that's back more than one hour!