Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter Weather Advisory


Mornin'!  It's 25° in Wildwood!  My Florida folk are smiling at that one I'm sure.  Strap in as we're about to have a "Snow" day.  And, so it begins with the first taste of the white stuff.  It's currently overcast and quiet...very, very quiet.  If you've never experienced that pre-snow feel...it's still and intensely quiet.  I couldn't hear the surf either with all that cloud cover and stillness...not a breeze out there.  It's supposed to commence sometime this morning (80% chance) giving us a dusting to an inch and a flurry or two in the early afternoon.  Temps...around 30° today.  Winds will be light and variable beginning from the SE at 4-6mph and shifting early evening and ramping up tonight a bit from the W-NW at 15-18mph.  Temps tonight low-mid 20s.  Tomorrow...clearing with peeks of sun but still cold in the 20s.  Winter's arrived I guess.  Now, where'd I put my Key West Handbook?
High tide:8:25a.m.
Low tidE:2:39p.m.
Ocean temp:43°
Sunset:4:52p.m.

No comments: