Saturday, March 10, 2018

Daylight Savings Begins at Bedtime

Mornin'!  It's 37° in sunny Wildwood NJ.  Got home last evening from a week at my daughter's  home as she and her family all begin the adjustment from a family of three to four.  Our newest babe "Lana Rose" is making it easy.  It was one of the best weeks of my life.  Exhausting but "the best" (I had the 10p.m. - 2a.m. feedings).  So, I did a "catch-up" on sleep today as I slept in big time.  It felt terrific to be in my own bed but even more importantly...back down the seashore (with no snow to be found anywhere unlike my daughter's neck of the woods...8-10 inches of heavy, wet snow).  While sipping my coffee, I think I've stepped onto the back porch at least 8 times already deeply breathing in the brisk, salt air.  That salt air is my favorite thing about living on the coast. My parents brought me to this island when I was a baby and I believe it's in my genes.  It's in my hubby's too as well our children, our grandson and will be in Ms Lana's once she arrives (hopefully in a few weeks) here at my little seashore cottage. It's good to be home!
The weather's cooperating as Ms Sun is shining brightly and warming the front of my house with the sun pouring in every window in the front of my house...front enclosed porch, front door, and the windows in the 2nd-floor front bedroom.  The breezes are out of the West at 12-18mph bringing in the salty marsh aromas.  It'll be a lovely mild winter's day with plenty of sunshine, temps tapping the low-40s and breezes out of the West at 10-12mph.  Tonight...clear with temps in the mid-30s and breezes out of the W-NW at 8-10mph.  Tomorrow...pretty much the same as today.  Monday we'll begin clouding up as showers are due in by the afternoon.  It's daylight savings time again!  Turn the clocks ahead tonight before turning in tonight as we lose an hour sleep this weekend.  Our pooch has a tough time with this one.  Oh...change those batteries in all your detectors too.  It's best to do this now so you don't forget about it later.  Have a good weekend!
High tide:3:38p.m.
Low tide:9:27a.m.
Ocean temp:42°
Sunset:6:03p.m.

No comments: