Saturday, April 6, 2024

Sunny Saturday

Mornin'!  It's 42° in Wildwood NJ.  Breezes are out of the NW at 15-20mph making it feel like 36°.  Ms Sun's up and shining brightly through the clear, blue sky.  It'll be a partly sunny day with temps in the mid-upper 50s and NW winds at 15-25mph +gusting making it feel like the upper 40s.  Tonight... some clouds filter in with mainly clear skies overnight.  Tonight's temps will be in the low-40s with N-NW winds at 10-15mph.  Tomorrow... partly sunny, temps in the low-50s with N-NE winds at 10-20mph.  Tomorrow night... mostly clear, temps in the mid-40s with SE winds at 5-10mph.  Monday... mostly sunny with some milky clouds now and then and winds out of the S-SW at 4-7mph. 
A few things to mention...
As for that eclipse on Monday which we'll see partially if those milky clouds do not prevail... Partial eclipse begins at 2:09PM; Totality begins at 2:50PM; Maximum is at 3:24PM; Totality ends at 3:58PM; and Partial eclipse ends at 4:35PM.
As for today's the North Wildwood Fallen Hero Plunge (into the 47° ocean)...  It's being held at 11AM and 1st and Surf Avenues.  Their website has all the info for registering and taking part or what's happening all around the town to celebrate and raise funds for this big fund-raising event.  Good luck plungers! http://www.fallenheroplunge.com/
And lastly, as for yesterday's Earthquake... we certainly felt it here in Wildwood.  At least I did.  I began to feel the house shake a bit as I was walking in the upstairs loft where I was about to go into my bedroom and get changed.  My outdoor floor plants live up there for the Winter (under the roof skylight) and I simultaneously felt the house begin to sway and shake as I could see those floor plants begin to  tremble and shake back and forth. I then peered up to the overhead skylight at the top of the staircase and I could see (and feel) my house was slightly moving (shaking) opposite the backdrop of the house/roof next door.  It was completely weird and unsettling but it was obvious what was happening.  I was immediately aware that this was no dump truck making havoc rattling heavily down my street.  I ran down the stairs calling my husband as he was coming out of the downstairs bathroom hearing me yell his name. When I asked him "Did you feel that?", he said, "No."  I said, "I think we just had an earthquake!" We live 2hrs 20min. from Tewskbury NJ the epicenter of the 4.8 magnitude quake and thankfully suffered no damage.  Not one sand bottle fell from the shelf!  
High Tide: 6:42PM
Low Tide: 12:32PM
Ocean Temp: 47°
Sunrise: 6:35AM
Sunset: 7:28PM


No comments: