Friday, April 20, 2012

Nice ending to the week


Mornin'! It's 49° this morning. I'd like to say the sky is clear but it's got some major cloud cover. It depends where you look. Just over the ocean looks bright and clear but above my head not so much. My bet...it's gonna be a lovely sunrise and that'll be in less than a half hour. The best part of this morning is the sound and smell of the surf. We're talking some intensity...loud roaring ocean and I'm six blocks away not to mention the fragrant sea air is thick and aromatic.  You know, that dark, wet sand, fishy smell which is the best part of living on an island! It'll be nice today as the week closes on a warm, dry note. It'll be mostly clear with clouds, but dry as temps will reach the mid-upper 60's as that seabreeze E-ESE at 5-10mph will be wifting (wafting) over us all day. Weekend: eh...Saturday afternoon thunderstorms (30% chance) and Sunday looks like it could be a total washout. I'm switching out my winter clothes and boots out this weekend. Pedicure's coming next week and I'm jonesing for my flipflops. Life is good.
High tide:8:31a.m.
Low tide:2:23p.m.
Ocean temp:54°
Sunset:7:43p.m.

1 comment:

Jim Anders said...

No man is an island, but some islands are.