Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Warmer

Mornin'! It's 66° this morning as the sun's just about to cross the horizon. The seagulls seem happy as they're all laughing while welcoming the day. It'll be mostly sunny and warmer as temps rise into the mid-upper 70's. Winds will be out of the NW at 15-20mph. Yesterday while enjoying my lunch and finishing another great book and as I sat in my car near the seawall, it amazed me to see all the folks climbing out of their vehicles barefoot wearing nothing more than a sundress or tank top or a bathing suit. My guess is everyone looked like they were coming for a day trip to the island expecting to enjoy a nice warm beach day when in fact it was sunny and chilly with a nice, cool seabreeze. As I sat enjoying the show, I was grateful to be in my vehicle with windows down, with a light jacket as well as having shoes and socks on. Wildwood wasn't quite there yesterday but with the land breeze today...we could be. It remains to be seen. It will beautiful today but a beach day, it's your call. Summer's coming, but we're not there yet. 64 more days!
High tide:6:10p.m.
Low tide:11:51a.m.
Ocean temp:53°
Sunset:7:40p.m.

1 comment:

Jim Anders said...

I'm reading Bill Maher's "The NEW New Rules". U?