Friday, October 6, 2023

Long Time Before The Dawn

Mornin'!  It's 68° in Wildwood NJ.  It's lovely.  We've got a beautiful morning dawning.  Sometimes I put on my music while blogging and today I clicked on my Crosby, Stills and Nash playlist and "Long Time Gone" came on as I was checking my North Wildwood webcam and realized that it'll be about 15 minutes before Ms Sun crosses the horizon as a couple (bundled in jackets) stood waiting for the sunrise in my webcam view.  My first thoughts were "You've got a long time... ".  15 minutes is along time waiting for the sunrise.  It appears that way as it always seems long when you're waiting.  I'm just enjoying the music and that song was perfect for the couple standing there on the beach just waiting for dawn.  I can hear the sounds of the surf crashing and the birds who all are loudly showing their happiness for a new day which makes the new day even better. 
It's lovely with barely a breeze out of the East at 2-3mph.  Humidity's 98% with a dewpoint of 64°.  It's that "dewy" kind of morning with everything outside glistening wet.  It's clear sky all around us at the moment and we'll be seeing Ms Sun this morning for sure.  The clouds will check in later this morning though as we're heading into an overcast day.  There's a 15% chance of a stray shower or thunderstorm passing through today as well.  Temps will be in the low-70s with East winds at 5-10mph.  Tonight... cloudy with 35% chance of rain (more so around midnight) with temps in the low-mid 60s and light and variable winds.  Tomorrow... 50% chance of rain as it'll be a cloudy day with temps around 70° and W-NW winds at 15-25mph.  Sunday... sunny, temps in the low-mid 60s and West (stiff) winds at 10-20mph.  I did get to the beach again yesterday (4 days in a row) and it was another spectacular beach day.  My guess it was last of the real beach days this 2023 season.  By that I mean that most folk (very sparse beach visitors) had bathing suits on, we sunbathing and dipping their toes in the ocean and planned on hunkering down for the day.  Some had the works... beach cart, umbrellas, chairs, coolers etc.  You know the drill.  When it's a perfect weather, the beach is a magnet.  And, I'm so grateful for those days this week.  October came in as a beautiful gift of near perfect weather and I took full advantage of it.   Fall's on our doorstep now as it's looking like we won't see much in 70° temperatures from now on.  Beginning tomorrow... all daytime temps may just be tapping 60°.  It'll be a good weekend to bring out the sweaters.  Happy Friday! 
High Tide: 2:33PM
Low Tide: 7:55AM
Ocean Temp: 68°
Sunrise: 7:00AM
Sunset: 6:33PM
UV Index: 4.2
Rip Current: High Risk (don't swim in the ocean)

No comments: