Friday, July 19, 2013

TGIF

Mornin'!  It's 78° this early morn in Wildwood.  It's got that haze surrounding us with hardly a breeze in this humid, very warm start to the day.  We're still in this heat wave and will be until tomorrow.  Temps will reach the 90's again as breezes wift (I mean waft) in later from the SW 11-16mph.  We could get an isolated thunderstorm this evening.  Every forecast I've checked says 30% chance of rain tomorrow and 40% chance on Sunday.  One said heavy rains at times tomorrow.  I'm just reporting what I've researched.  So much for thinking a couple beach days are up ahead but I won't give up until the fat lady sings.  I checked on that bright moon we've been having as of late and it's almost full.  Monday the 22nd is Full Moon day.  It's known as the "thunder" moon due to the frequency of thunderstorms this time of year.  Moonrise will be 8p.m. on Monday.  For today...another hot beach day so prepare with plenty of sunblock, footwear, liquids and umbrella.  Went to the beach last night after work and stayed until the sunset.  It was just amazing.  Had to put my light hoodie on to keep the light, cool seabreeze from making me feel chilled.  No joking.  If you never experienced an evening sunset on the beach...that needs to go on your bucket list.
High tide:5:41p.m.
Low tide:11:06a.m.
Ocean temp:75° (it's feeling much warmer now)
Sunset:8:22p.m.

No comments: