Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Normalcy returns

Mornin'!  It's 58° in Wildwood.  I'm back!  Actually I returned late Monday night from my Key Weird (West) week's vacation.  I checked off a Bucket List item by taking part in my very first Fantasy Fest.  It'll most likely be my first and last but I'll admit I was extremely happy to have had that experience. Chances are pretty good that it was probably (key word: "probably") a "one and done" but ya never know!  Yesterday was an extra day off as the unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, doctor's appointment etc. was checked off the things-to-do list as I began slipping into normal mode.  While away we celebrated a year anniversary of Super storm Sandy.  It's so hard to believe it's been a year.  We just finished having the last of her damage corrected as our back door and framing were all replaced prior to going away.  I also heard we had quite a cold snap while in Florida as the temps here were tapping the 30s.  Luckily we came home to comfortable, autumn weather.  It was lovely here on the island yesterday.  Today...clouds are supposed to roll in as it's officially being called a partly cloudy day with a 20% chance of a rain showers in the morning.  Winds will be light from the W-SW at the start of today and shift to the S-SE later all at 5-9mph.  Temps will be in the low-mid 60's and if Ms. Sun doesn't show herself, I'm thinking it could feel a wee bit chilly.  I'll be taking a sweater or jacket along with me today as I return to work and some real normalcy.
High tide:5:25p.m.
Low tide:11:10a.m.
Ocean temp:59°
Sunset:6:01p.m.

1 comment:

Jim Anders said...

Welcome back. You're back on top of the weather, now. Were you under the weather, ever, then? Never been to the Keys. Maybe someday.