Wednesday, September 8, 2021

High Risk Rip Currents and Small Craft Advisory Posted

Mornin'!  It's 73° in Wildwood NJ.  Dawn-is-a-coming!  Sunrise is in about a half an hour away.  We're under clear, somewhat starlit skies but they're beginning to fade as daylight's appearing on the horizon.  Humidity's at 88% with a dew point of 68°. Breezes are currently out of the S-SW at 10-15mph.  It's going to be a mix of clouds and sun today as gusty winds develop later this morning into the afternoon.  A stray shower and/or thunderstorm is possible later this afternoon (20% chance).  Temps will tap 80° as the Southern breezes blow at 20-30mph +gusting.  Tonight... cloudy with scattered thunderstorms developing (80% chance) with gusty winds (S-SW at 20-30mph).  Tomorrow... looking like a washout as there's a chance (90%) of steady rain throughout the day, temps in the mid-70s and W-NW winds at 10-15mph. Leaving on a high note... the weekend's looking 5-Star with plenty of sunshine and not too hot temps!
High tide: 9:13AM
Low tide: 3:30PM
Ocean temp: 74°
Sunrise: 6:34AM
Sunset: 7:13PM
UV Index: 7
Rip Current: Red Zone - High Risk (Entering the surf is strongly discouraged.  Note if "Closed Beach Flags" are posted).  We're also under a "Small Craft Advisory" which means inexperienced mariners should avoid navigating vessels under this advisory. 

No comments: