Sunday, May 5, 2024

5/5

Mornin'!  Happy Cinco De Mayo!  May's moving right along at a decent clip.  She's bringing some crapola weather right along with her.  It was so much brighter, warmer and summer-like at the end of April.  I may as well mention that the week ahead isn't looking too appealing.  It'll be cloudy and rainy every day next week except for Wednesday which will be partly sunny.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  The reason I'm getting a late start on the blog today is the weather. I went right to the gym first thing (I got a gym membership from hubby for Christmas) and took full advantage of the lousy weather and did my thing. Walking and/or bicycling isn't happening for me on the streets of Wildwood when it's misty, drippy, windy, and miserable.  There's a good chance I may be at the gym every day this coming week due to this weather.  One thing's for sure, it's been chilly in the house (my house feels the chill more than most) and I'm not turning the furnace back on.  It's been off for weeks and after May 1st, the furnace isn't an option.  I do have a gas fireplace which is a blessing when it becomes too uncomfortable.  Long pants and sweatshirts seem to have been the norm around here. 
Happy Sunday!  It's 58° in Wildwood NJ.  It feels like 53° with the SE winds at 15-20mph.  It's cloudy but at the moment I swear Ms Sun's trying to break through as that gray dimness outside is slowly evaporating and inside my house is brightening.  I'm not getting too excited though as it's supposed to be overcast today with 25% slight chance of rain showers, temps in the low-60s and S-SE winds at 10-20mph.  Tonight... cloudy, 55% chance of rain with temps in the upper 50s and Southerly winds at 10-15mph.  Tomorrow... cloudy, possibly rainy (40% chance) with temps in the mid-60s and Southerly winds at 5-10mph.  Finishing on a good note, Wednesday... my house will have windows open again, as it'll be partly sunny, 75° and W-SW breezes at 10-15mph.  
High Tide: 6:21PM
Low Tide: 12:00PM
Ocean Temp: 51°
Sunrise: 5:56AM
Sunset: 7:56PM

No comments: