Friday, May 24, 2024

And, So It Begins...

Mornin'!  It's 66° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's way up there at 91%.  It's not raining either.  But, it is gray and cloudy as Ms Sun's trying her best to break through the morning clouds. My guess is she's not going to make it.  It's heavy, still and quiet at the moment. Rain is coming in a few hours so they say.  The holiday weekend is here!  And, this weather isn't the only thing thick on the island.  It just seems like yesterday that my street only had one car parked on it.  No parking available now as the revelers seem to be officially checked in as the "off" season is back "on".
We're supposed to have rain (60% chance) this morning (around10-11am) then it'll become partly cloudy (hazy sunshine) for the rest of the day.  Temps will be up there... mid-upper 70s.  By the way, we got up to 83° yesterday and all the air conditioners are on in the neighborhood it seems.  Not mine yet.  Tonight... mostly clear with temps in the low-60s and winds light and variable.  Tomorrow...  partly sunny, temps around 70° and East winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow night... mostly cloudy, temps in the low-mid 60s with South winds at 5-10mph.  Sunday... cloudy start with peeks of sunshine later in the day, temps around 70° with S-SE winds at 5-10mph.  Sunday night... cloudy with showers beginning late and into the overnight, temps in the low-60s with S-SE winds at 5-10mph.  Chance of rain is 50%.  Monday... rain with thunderstorms developing in the afternoon, temps around 70° with Southerly winds at 15-25mph +gusting.  Monday night... rain (90% chance) with thunderstorms overnight, temps in the mid-60s with SW winds at 10-20mph.  
High Tide: 8:43AM and 9:02PM
Low Tide: 2:36PM
Ocean Temp: 61°
Sunrise: 5:39AM
Sunset: 8:13PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the whole population (23,000 - excludes cattle) of Crawford County MO showed up for your pic.

(About 33 people per square mile.)

BTW, # of Cattle in Crawford County about 30,000.

Incredible number difference between here and your home. I like my solitude!
T

Kathy said...

Happy Memorial Day Weekend T! I keep thinking of all that cattle and all those beef burgers being fired up this weekend. I can smell bbq wafting into my house. It is incredible that the Wildwoods are only 1.65 square miles with a year round population less than 15,000. I'd venture to guess we're up to 200,000ppl at the moment. As I'm writing this, parking is at a premium with vehicles driving around and around by street and as soon as someone pulls away, another vehicle parks. For some reason, today's weighing heavy as I want to get out and partake but something's holding me back. I think I'll bake a biscotti. Hahahaha! I'll be back to myself on Tuesday.