Thursday, April 14, 2022

Lovely First Half Of The Day


Mornin'!  It's 55° in Wildwood NJ.  We've got sunshine, winds (S-SW 15-20mph) and the island birds squawks, chirps, whistles, shrills and laughs.  Lot's of birds this time of year and it's fantastic!  As of late, when I talk on the phone with friends and family, I sit outside since the weather is becoming very pretty and inevitably everyone I'm chatting with says "Oh, I can hear the seagulls!"  I try not to take the island birds for granted as they're a huge part of the island's ambiance and I truly enjoy them.
Today's 110 years since the Titanic sank and 1,517 lives were lost.  The ocean's temp was 27°.  I'm not sure why but I've been fascinated with the history of it since I was a little girl.  Seldom while standing along the shore line looking at the mighty and majestic ocean do I not think about that momentous event.  To all those on the Titanic... today's blog is in your honor.  
We're going to have a mix of clouds and sun to kick things off.  Clouds will develop and begin increasing and by this late this afternoon we may see rain showers near dinner time (60% chance). Today's temps will get into the upper 60s possibly tapping 70°.  Winds will be stiff throughout the day out of the S-SW at 10-20mph.  Tonight... showers with clouds sticking around throughout the overnight.  Temps will be more seasonable in the upper 40s with NW winds at 10-20mph.  Tomorrow... mainly sunny with temps in the low-mid 60s and W-NW winds shifting to the S-SW at 5-10mph.  Saturday... is the Full Moon with temps around 60° with partly cloudy skies and Sunday... mostly sunny with a high of 55°.  
High Tide: 7:26PM
Low Tide: 12:58PM
Sunrise: 6:22AM
Sunset: 7:37PM
Ocean Temp: 48°
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 2,221,0258
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 34,315
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 21,952
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 297




No comments: