Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Jewel keeps sparkling...later today that is!

Mornin'!  It's 67° in Wildwood.  It's still early and dark outside but I can see the clouds moving over the moon.  It's partly cloudy and partly clear as some sections of the sky are starlit and clear and other sections...nothing but clouds. There's a light breeze from the N-NW.  It be sunny later today once we get through some morning showers.  Temps will be tapping the mid-70s again as the N-NW winds will be light and variable at 10-12mph.  Three forecasts I've checked have reported no rain after this morning's showers until Monday.  Tonight...clear and back down into the mid 60s with Northerly breezes at 10-12mph.
High tide:2:43p.m.
Low tide:8:03a.m.
Ocean temp:75°
Sunset:7:07p.m.
Okay...here's the scoop on today's weather.  After I posted my blog at 6a.m. things turned very ugly.  The sky became black as night and rain began to pour down.  I stopped what I was doing to check the doppler and there was a major weather system heading right over our section of the island.  I changed the blog to say morning showers but when I tell you the rains came pouring torrential non-stop...well, that's an understatement.  It's 8:30 and the sky is still black with the edge of this system still passing over.  Once passed...sunny skies.  I think. 

No comments: