Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hump Day Nor'easter

Mornin'!  It's 53° in Wildwood.  Where's this Nor'easter we're supposed to be waking up to?  Not happening!  That's what I love about blogging the difference in what's forecasted.  As I stood on my back porch this morning...starlit skies and quietness all around.  Not a breeze to write about it.  No rain although we had some thunder, lightning and minimal rain overnight.  I'd say...fairly mild, calm, nice autumn morn.  That's not to say that things will change as every single forecast I've checked (4 of them) say we're in for some stormy, windy, wicked weather (just for the record...my bets are on a mostly dry day with this so called Nor'easter just skipping around us).  But, the forecasts say...windy conditions (N-NE 29-35mph) with periods of heavy rain (100% chance) throughout the day.  Temps will just about tap 60°.  Tonight...more rain and winds (70% chance) with temps down into the low 50s.  Remember the New Moon is tomorrow and we'll surely feel its pull with flooding effects.  Oh...the weekend's still looking like a keeper...sunny and mild.
High tide:7:35a.m.
Low tide:1:29p.m
Ocean temp:67°
Sunset:6:12p.m.

No comments: