Sunday, November 22, 2015

52nd Anniversary of the Assassination of John F. Kennedy

Mornin'!  It's 53° in Wildwood.  Fifty-two years ago today is the first day in my life that I felt terror and collective grief as the loud speaker in my classroom announced that "President Kennedy has been shot and killed and you are all dismissed". It was "major" in every way. And, since that day, I've always somehow made it a point to do reflection on November 22nd.
Onto the weather at the seashore...we've currently got breezes (North at 22-26mph) and cloud cover.  Everything's damp and a bit drippy so my guess is we had us some light rain on the overnight.  It's the kind of moisture that just shades the surfaces outside.  Anyway...it's almost daybreak but I'm going with "no grand entrance over the horizon for Ms Sun" this morning. Weird...as all week I thought we were going to have a nice weekend.  Actually yesterday was mostly very nice on the earlier half of the day as I took a nice long walk on the 99% empty boardwalk (today's photos).  Today's looking very "iffy" though as not one forecast I've researched says "sunshine". In fact, showers are likely, mainly before 1pm.  Looks like it'll be mostly cloudy, with a high near 50° or maybe even upper 40s (temps will drop today). It'll stay breezy, with a NW wind at 16 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. It's looking more and more like "another log on the fireplace" kind of day.
Tonight...the clouds begin to check out and it'll be mostly clear with temps in the low-mid (get this) 30s!  And, I'm serious about a chill factor as it'll be breezy, with a North wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. I'd get the winter parka handy! Oh, and for what it's worth...blue-sky sunny day tomorrow "and" Thanksgiving day (which looks like a 60+ degree day)!
High tide:4:36p.m.
Low tide:10:23a.m.
Ocean temp:56°
Sunset:4:42p.m.
Full Harvest Moon: Thanksgiving Eve (rising at 7:21p.m.)

No comments: