Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter's Still Checked In

Mornin'! It's currently 21° in WW this clear, dark, quiet, winter's morn. Temps will only reach the mid-20's today and with the breezes (NW at 15-20mph) we're expecting to arrive later...it'll feel like 5°. I like this one..."ineffective sunshine" (not my words) is scheduled today. No matter how much sun is pouring down as it will be mostly sunny today...you're still gonna freeze your arsch off (my words) so layer up and have a bowl of soup. High tide:9:46a.m.; Low tide:4:11p.m.; Ocean temp:38°...a bit warmer! Nor'easter is still schedule Tuesday into Wednesday and it's a possibility it could be a rain/snow/rain event. I'm keeping my eye on this one as I've been reflecting on 2/5/10...Super Bowl Weekend when darkness prevailed for an entire week in Wildwood. After buying candles yesterday (no joke), making some homemade cream of chicken noodle soup and getting the long johns out for today, I'm preparing for that ineffective sun which will be rising within the hour! 58 days until Spring!

2 comments:

Jim Anders said...

Rim of soup bowl doubling as bread plate: Country French, beloved.

Henry H. Turtle said...

The Sightseer on Ice!