Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Storms-A-Brewing

North Wildwood Gazebo
North Wildwood 1st Ave. Beach - Site of the Bonfire
Mornin'!  It's 44° in Wildwood.  The schools are closed on the island.  All hell's breaking loose.  The winds are whipping like never before. Actually, I've experienced these winds many times before.  I'm seasoned as I've been in hunker-down mode before not to mention through 2 Hurricanes and evacuations. There are descriptive words for these bad boy winds...dangerous, scary, unsettling, intense, loud, annoying, cause of sleep deprivation... and of course...bad hair. There's a coastal flood warning posted from Atlantic City south into Cape May and even the Delaware coast. It's been raining since around 9p.m. last night.  Surprisingly at the moment my street isn't flooded.  I'm amazed by that.  It's probably coming though as high tide's in about 4 hours.  Periods of heavy rain and rough surf (wind driven) will be the flood enhancers.  Temps will stay in the mid-upper 40s as the Winds continue throughout the day from the N-NE at 25-35mph sustained with 40+ gusts.  Chance of rain today...100%; tonight...50%.  Temps tonight will drop into the mid 30s as the winds begin to simmer down some.  I hope so anyway as I'd like to catch up on my sleep!
High tide:9:29a.m.
Low tide:3:43p.m.
Ocean temp:50°
Sunset:4:35p.m.

No comments: