Friday, April 20, 2018

TGIF And, still trying to enjoy Spring!

Mornin'!  It's 39° (no typo) in Wildwood NJ this morning.  I slept in a bit and made up for the hours I lost the night before.  Woke to Ms Sun pouring in as I forgot to close those ol' room darkening curtains.  Feels great to be alive especially waking to the seashore sun on your face!  When I went out on to the back porch to check the outdoor thermometer, it truly felt like a winter morning.  Even though the sun is shining in the cloudless, bright blue sky, the winds are also blowing and howling..out of the North at 20-25mph giving us a 29° windchill.  With that bite in the air and my little seedlings covered once again for the overnight, they seem to be taking on this wintry weather head-on and making it through with no problems.  It'll be a sunny (a spattering of clouds), blustery day today with temps in the low 50s and winds out of the W-NW at 17-20mph.  Tonight...temps in the mid-40s with winds out of the NW at 7-10mph and clear, starlit skies.  The weekend's looking much like today with Saturday having some clouds in the mix.  For the most part...I guess we're headed in the right direction.  I keep thinking that it feels like we're heading into Winter as Spring seems to be having a challenge this year.
High tide:12:17p.m.
Low tide:5:51p.m.
Ocean temp:47°
Sunset:7:43p.m.

No comments: