Monday, July 3, 2023

Full "Buck" Moon Monday

Mornin'!  It's 77° in Wildwood NJ.  Ms Sun's up and shining brightly over the island.  Humidity's 87% with a dewpoint of 74°.  Winds are out of the SW at 5-10mph.  It's a warm one this Full "Buck" Moon Monday.  The reason it's the "Buck" moon is July is the month that the Bucks (male deer) begin to grow their impressive antlers.  This truly magnificent sight is a fertility symbol.  Just an FYI.  
As for the weather... it's almost as though whatever I research and then report truly doesn't matter as my recent weather blogs haven't been holding up to what the pros are reporting to us.  All these percentages for rain due in for the past 3-4 days, have been 100% off as of late.  We've received no rain.  None.  Forget what I had said.
For what it's worth... today's weather will be a mix of sun and clouds giving way to cloudy skies by this afternoon.  There's a 25% chance of rain possible later.  It'll be our first really warm day with temps in the mid-upper 80s and S-SW winds at 10-15mph.  Tonight... 70% chance of precipitation but I wouldn't bet on it.  Rain is supposed to come on the overnight with the potential for severe storms (whatever).  Temps will drop to the low-70s with SW winds at 10-20mph.  Tomorrow... sunny, temps in the mid-80s and SW winds at 5-10mph.  Their saying 30% chance of rain for the 4th.  I'm saying not gonna happen.  
A couple of things... I haven't watered the garden since Saturday morning and neither has Mother Nature (as predicted each and every day) so that's on my to-do list today  Also, I'm very grateful for my air conditioner as it's been on since Thursday.  It was mostly to keep the quiet inside my home as I insulate myself against the neighborhood Weekenders (and very LONG weekenders this particular weekend... Thursday until Wednesday). Those Holiday Hordes have invaded this sleepy little island as they come to celebrate the 4th with loads of fun including fireworks, loud parties, music (with outdoor DJs), crowded patios, porches, driveways, loads of light pollution (obnoxious outdoor lighting aimed at my windows), crowded over-parked streets (lots of illegal parking mostly in the yellow line-no parking areas), golf carts everywhere (that's the newest craze here now along with their backup beeping) and basically just trashing our streets (trash and beer cans everywhere along with dog shit that they do not pick up).  
Okay... enough.  I've done my rant.  Only 65 days until Labor Day! 
High Tide: 8:48AM and 9:06PM
Low Tide: 2:44PM
Ocean Temp: 72°
Sunrise: 5:41AM
Sunset: 8:45PM
Moonrise: 8:19PM
UV index: Very high
Rip Current: Moderate risk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to everything and 65 days