Saturday, February 5, 2011

A "do-nothing" Saturday

Mornin'! I made it...almost thought I was going to be typing, "Good afternoon"...just a tad late blogging today. The weather's the complete opposite of this time last year as hubby looked like Jack Nicholson of the Shining in this blizzard incrusted seashore bungalow. Oh...and yes...he had a butcher knife in his hand, was gritting his teeth and growling, "Here's Johnny!" It's currently 41° in WW and is supposed to hit 44°. I just went out to the backporch and it's dark and drizzly (not quite a light rain) and still (not much of a breeze) and fragrant (backbay smell for those who know what I'm talking about). All the beautiful show dogs are in town competing for best of show. Love those dogs! But's a great day to do what we call "nothing." Although that could certainly mean a good book, a closet or drawer cleaned out, making the coleslaw and wings for tomorrow's Super Bowl or homemade soup for this afternoon, a nap or for me...keeping my leg wrapped, iced and elevated and either watching a movie or reading with a mug of homemade soup. First week of Zumba + Friday night dancing = Pain. So, I'm icing down and hoping for the best. Back to the weather...rains will continue until early tomorrow. Tonight...those drizzles combined with lower temps could provide hazardous, icy conditions...I'm just saying. Tomorrow...the sun will reappear periodically but along with those NW winds at 20mph...ew...those winds. We're getting more and more sneak peeks at the March winds that Wildwood's so noted for. High tide:8:43a.m.; Low tide:3:01p.m.; Ocean temp: 39°. 53 days until Spring!

2 comments:

Jim Anders said...

Dog Day Afternoon followed by My Dogs are Barking?

Debbie said...

UH-OH!!!