Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowel Sunday...oops I mean "bowl"

Mornin'! The sun's back...love it when it's pouring in the front of the house in the early morn; especially when I'm home and can enjoy it. It's currently 36° in Wildwood this quiet morning. Actually when I stepped outdoors to take it all in...the birds are extremely chirpy...they seem to gather across the street and fill in the trees and bare shrubs. I know there are plenty of Cardinals over there, but these resemble Sparrows to me. Or, perhaps a Finch...they're here on the island too. I'm no "birder" so I can't be sure, but they're little things with big voices. The Gulls are loud this morning as well. One thing I am sure of...they know more than we do when it comes to weather. They're probably very aware that today will be a beauty...sunny, temps into the mid-40's, breezes minimal at 8-10mph from the West and intend to celebrate it by making their presence known to man. I'll be enjoying it as the rains return late tomorrow. High Tide:9:20a.m.; Low Tide:3:28p.m.; Ocean temp: 40°.

3 comments:

Jim Anders said...

I clearly remember the first time I overheard some guy call seagulls "flying rats". Overly descriptive, but apt.

Debbie said...

ooohhh....sounds like the setting for a creeppy movie...

Jim Anders said...

...with bowling bats, by Pixar.