Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Lovely Day!

Mornin! Another "Lovely Day" in store for the Shore. Bill Withers' voice is imbeded in my brain this morning. The sunrise is only minutes away as the sky is cloudless waiting for it to peek over the horizon. Temp is 52° with not a leaf moving on the trees outside as it's very still and quiet except for the little morning birds beginning to chirp in the day. No seagulls yapping yet. Temps will head into the low-mid 60's. Today will have more clouds than the last couple days and a Seabreeze (NE at 10-20mph) will be more evident throughout most of the day making it feel cooler on the island than the mainland; still a "Lovely Day"...sing it Bill! High tide:2:51p.m.; Low tide:8:34a.m.; Ocean temp: 60°; 40 days until Summer! (BTW...weekend's looking "iffy" at this time as rain is headed in this direction. Stay tuned!)

5 comments:

Jim Anders said...

"Minutes Away"...Zaberer's. I'd love a "Zaberized" cocktail, if Zaberer's was still there and I still drank. Damn! Now it's my mind that's "Minutes Away"!

Henry H. Turtle said...

Isn't he the 'Bye Bye Miss American Pie' guy? Wouldn't want that voice imbedded in my already fragile brain. I love that Jim remembers Zaberer's. Ah, memories of youth.

Kathy said...

No. Don McClain sang American Pie. Bill Withers..."Ain't no Sunshine when you're gone". As for Zaberer's...the one outside of A.C. or the North wildwood one? Both were great. The NW Zaberer's has been gone for a long time and this summer at the same site: Coconut Cove!

Jim Anders said...

Dang! I just triple-dipped!

Jim Anders said...

I will not triple dip. I will not triple dip.