Thursday, September 27, 2012

Loveliness at the Cape

Beach Drive, Cape May NJ
Sunset Beach, Cape May NJ
Mornin'!  It's 58° in WW.  The first thing I did this morning was head outside to the porch and check out the weather. I found it quiet and still with no breezes as the clear, predawn sky was fully starlit.  During this time in the background I could hear the weather man on the TV saying it was raining in Philly.  The differences in weather 90 miles apart is basically the reason I started blogging.  Anyway...the rain that Philadelphia's getting is supposed to be heading our way.  So some of the forecasters say.  For the most part Wildwood will be clear this morning as clouds roll in.  It'll stay mainly dry, cloudy with peeks of sun.  We could have a brief shower early as temps go up into the mid-upper 70's.  Breezes will be out of the West initially and shift out of the S-SE at 5-10mph.  Forecasters are saying today won't be a total washout.  Tonight...back into the 60's with more consistent showers developing late and overnight.  Rains will be steadier the more North so we could miss the bullet. I'm still closely watching the days ahead and the weekend weather as the Italian Fest is due up this weekend and is now looking like a 50-50 chance of rain.  Not to mention that Harvest Moonrise is this weekend and I'd hate to see that obscured this moonphase.  Harvest moonrises are the best and without question one of my favorites.  That's not to say sunsets are right up there as well as I was lucky enough to see a lovely sunset last night in Cape May. 
High tide:7:07p.m.
Low tide:12:49p.m.
Ocean temp:70°
Sunset:6:48p.m.

1 comment:

dodi said...

again, I LOVE that surf shot! It's outta Surfer Magazine!