Sunday, April 14, 2019

Palm Sunday! And, I'm Back!


Mornin'!  It's 56° in foggy Wildwood NJ.  I'm back! Got in last evening to some much cooler conditions but I've returned to those Jersey seashore sensations.  It's completely different from the southernmost point of the continental U.S.  The salt and brininess are stronger here with lots of fishy-fragrance thrown in.  I truly do enjoy it.   Down South, it's more tropical with lots of floral as well as that woody/undergrowth thrown in. There's not much of that fishy-brininess and marsh-wetland fragrance that the Jersey shore offers. Both are absolutely fine in my book. My hubby and I had a perfect, wonderful vacation in Key West with amazing summer weather (rained one day) as temps got up to 87° with wonderful, tropical gulf-stream breezes.  Humidity was up there as it never seems to leave there.  The water temp is 80°.  The evenings were spectacular (mid-upper 70s) and breezy.  And, the sunsets in Key West... well, that beauty is hard to describe sometimes but Wildwood has some of the most breathtaking sunrises and sunsets too!  It's simply a blessing to have those wonderful gifts here at home as well as our favorite vacation place.
As for the current weather here in Wildwood, well I'm still kind of taking it all in and adjusting accordingly. I've been sweating from humid, mid-summer weather for a week now but today's reality is that it's foggy, cloudy, misty and cool...56° (feels good actually).    Ms Sun seems to be trying to peek through at the moment, but all forecasts are saying... a "cloudy" one today.  Everything's dripping wet from the morning fog.  It appears we probably won't see Ms Sun until tomorrow in the late morning.  There are no current breezes to report (that'll change later).  Temps will reach the low-mid 60s today with Southerly breezes at 15-25 mph.  Tonight... cloudy and foggy with a 100% chance of rain.  That could include thunderstorms (which may be severe...prepare accordingly).  Temps will be in the low-mid 50s with Southerly winds at 20-25mph.  Tomorrow looks like a mixture of both clouds and sun with grayness in the morning and sunshine and in the 60s by the afternoon.  I'm pretty sure it's good to be home but I admit... I'm missing Key West this morning!
High tide:4:35p.m.
Low tide:10:21a.m.
Ocean temp:48°
Sunset:7:37

No comments: