Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Unsettled Humpday

Mornin'!  It's 75° in Wildwood NJ.  Ms Sun's up and at'em with breezes out of the S-SW at 10-15mph.  As usual, the humidity's up there at 93% with a dewpoint of 73°.  The breezes are taking that sticky edge off that heavy humidity and it doesn't feel too bad.  The garden is looking for a drink and I think I'll be providing that after blogging.  There is rain in the forecast today and tonight but there's been alot of that this week and so far, Wildwood's had not one rain shower.  Expect mostly sunny skies the first part of the today with scattered showers and/or thunderstorms (40% chance) developing this afternoon (keep your eye on the sky).  These storms could be severe.  Temps will be in the low-mid 80s with stiff persistent Southerly breezes at 15-20mph.  Tonight... rain and/or thunderstorms likely (80% chance), then scattered showers and/or thunderstorms overnight.  Temps will be down into the low-mid 70s with SW winds at 10-20mph.  Tomorrow... begins with unsettled, possibly wet, stormy weather.  Then, turning into a perfectly lovely day.  At this point, the weekend's looking 5-Star!
High tide: 2:17PM
Low tide: 7:36AM
Ocean temp: 74°
Sunset: 8:06PM
UV Index: 9
Rip Currents: Moderate (rough and powerful ocean current... swim near a lifeguard, never alone or at night)
Oh... yesterday I was in the ocean and it felt great.  It was warmish (the mid-70s) and somewhat dirty (lots of seaweed) and unbeknownst to me, there must have been some jellyfish.  One must have stung the top of my foot because when I got out I had a small welt that was stinging (felt like a persistent bite from a greenhead fly).  In my beach items, I keep a tiny travel bottle filled with vinegar (an antidote I read about) always packed with my beach 1st aid items and squirted the vinegar on the site of the sting and it immediately felt better.  Just another beach tip if you're heading into the drink!

No comments: