Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Ian's Wrath Continues...

Mornin'!  It's 48° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's 94%.  We're dry (except for that humidity) as the rains are due in until this afternoon.  It's windy (what else is new) with North winds at 20-25mph +gusting and cold outside.  My furnace is still going strong this morning.  So, this is the next to the last day of this "crap" weather.  I was going to say "shit" weather.  I've never been introduced to Winter so fast.  I mean it was a week ago that I was sitting on a soft, warm Wildwood beach in a bathing suit.  I'm not sure what gives, but Fall in Wildwood this year blows (no pun intended) thanks to Ian.  The "gale warnings", "high surf advisory", "coastal flood warnings", and "dangerous rip current warnings" are all still in effect.  We're supposed to get much worse floods than yesterday so that means today the car gets moved 4 blocks away to higher ground. For me it's at New Jersey Avenue at City Hall in Wildwood.  Yesterday, Otten's Harbor (¼ block away) breached the bulkhead and was aggressively coming down my street (thanks to the winds) surrounding the neighborhood with rippling, tiny whitecaps.  Talk about "water-front" property.  And, like I said it's supposed to be worse today.  Expect winds out of the North at 25-35mph +gusting as we've got 95% chance of rain and temps barely tapping 60° today.  Also expect the flooding around dinner time.  Tonight... wet with 80% chance of rain, temps around 55° and N-NE winds at 20-30mph.  Tomorrow... more of the same with 60% chance of rain with temps in the low-60s and North winds at 15-25mph with higher gusts possible.  The light at the end of the tunnel is Thursday... Ms Sun's checking in as it'll be partly sunny with temps in the upper 60s and calm winds out of the North at 4-6mph.  Be cognizant of where you drive and park your vehicle today. Know your low-lying areas and avoid them at high tide.  I have a view of the end of my street as the intersection there was flooded and how amazing to see everyone quickly driving through (I guess they all thought the faster they drove, the safer they would be) the flood waters destroying the undercarriage of their vehicles and creating wakes.  Thanks to them, the harbor water rushed up my street into my driveway headed right for my car.  Like I said, it's supposed to be worse flooding today than yesterday.  Prepare accordingly.  Be safe out there.  
High Tide: 3:52PM (an hour later on the bay side)
Low Tide: 9:26AM
Ocean Temp: 67°
Sunrise: 6:57AM
Sunset: 6:38PM
Rip Current: High dangerous rips
Corona Virus Cases in NJ: 2,746,261
Corona Virus Deaths in NJ: 35,754
Corona Virus Cases in CMC: 27,324
Corona Virus Deaths in CMC: 323

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ugly weather for you, hoping you go back to a beautiful Fall soon.
What is your soup today???? A big pot so it gets you thru tomorrow too!!!
T