Friday, February 9, 2024

New Moon Friday

Today's Webcam Shot - North WW
Mornin'!  It's 44° in Wildwood NJ.  We're under cloud cover with winds out of the South at 10-15mph.  It's damp and raw outside.  Ms Sun's supposed to show up sometime later this morning or at least by this afternoon.  Temps will be unseasonable warm again reaching 50° with those Southerly (more blustery) winds at 10-20mph.  Tonight... partly cloudy skies, giving way to cloudy skies, temps in the low 40s with S-SW winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow... cloudy, temps in the low-mid 50s and SW winds at 5-10mph with 20% chance of rain showers.  Tomorrow night... cloudy, temps in the low-40s and West winds at 5-10mph.  Sunday... rain beginning in the morning and ending by later in the afternoon, temps in the upper 40s and N-NW winds at 5-10mph.  It's the New Moon which promoted an Active Alert today... "Coastal Flood Advisory" until this afternoon.  I just looked out my front window to check Otten's Harbor which should be high enough to cross over the bulkhead and there's no tide water on the street at all.  I think we're in the clear as the next high tide isn't until 8PM tonight (actually 9PM as the harbor's high tide is an hour later than the ocean's high tide).  The New Moon has the same affect on our tides as the Full Moon but I'm going with... we're in the clear with this Moon phase and the Advisory posted.  Today is 60 years that the Beatles hit our coast and performed on the Ed Sullivan show.  I had already owned their album then.  It's one of those moments that changed and shaped my life.  I can only equate it with having four Taylor Swift's on stage.  I've been a Beatles fan my entire life.  I probably could do a blog just about the Beatles in my life.  I'm actually listening to "Meet The Beatles" as I type!  Happy Friday!  
High Tides: 7:28AM and 7:56PM
Low Tide: 1:50PM
Ocean Temp: 41°
Sunrise: 6:56AM
Sunset: 5:29PM

No comments: