Saturday, July 6, 2024

Happy Weekend!

Mornin'!  Happy July 4th Weekend!  It's 69° in Wildwood NJ.  Humidity's 97% with a dewpoint of 72°.  Winds are out of the S-SW at 10-20mph.  Ms Sun's up and trying her best to break through the morning haze.  It's one of those mostly cloudy but bright, not quite sunny and very clammy and moist mornings.  We're going to have a mix of sun and clouds today with 25% chance of a stray shower or thunderstorm later this afternoon.  Keep your eye on the sky kind of Saturday up ahead.  Temps will be in the low-mid 80s with S-SW winds at 10-20mph.  Tonight... cloudy with 40% chance of rain showers off and on.  And, the rain showers could continue overnight into Sunday morning. Temps will be in the low-70s with S-SW winds at 10-15mph.  Tomorrow... partly to mostly cloudy, hot and humid with temps in the mid-80s and SE winds at 5-10mph.  Tomorrow night... cloudy, humid, temps in the mid-70s with light and variable winds.  Monday... mostly cloudy, temps in the low-80s with SE winds at 5-10mph.  I forgot to mention yesterday that it was the New Moon.  The phases of the Moon (new moon/full moon/half moon) all have an effect on our tides.  New Moon and Full Moons increase the amount of tide waters (they're at their highest).  So, tides are higher than normal this weekend.  The best part is that the high tides times are around 8 in the morning and 8 tonight. When the beach is packed this afternoon, it'll be low tide and you'll have plenty of beach! I also forgot to post my "Friday Beach Tips" but I'd say it's all for naught this weekend.
I haven't mentioned how thick the island is with folk.  I always think I'm prepared but it's jarring as I tend to forget just how profound the change in my hometown can be.  It's as thick as it gets.   I don't want to call it "A Prisoner In My Home" because I'm enjoying the walks around the island, taking lovely outdoor showers, gardening, enjoy the sea air blowing all the curtains in my house, the good food that my hubby and I have prepared (today's dinner is homemade crab cakes, coleslaw and grilled potatoes) and of course a good book and some good baseball.. Go Phillies!  If you care to see how thick the island is... just click on one of those webcams "Webcams from various Wildwood Areas" under my Personal Favs gives you lots of options to check out and will tell you everything you need to know.  Unfortunately, it doesn't quite capture the noise from the party revelers (2-3am), the firecrackers any time of day, the loud revved up vehicles and motorcycles showing off their extremely loud mufflers surging throughout the neighborhoods anytime of day or night, the illegal parking (including in front of driveways and end of streets right into the intersections), the trash left everywhere, the loud music from homes, backyards and vehicles, the packed and loud neighborhood bars and bar bands, oh and the trash on my property or vomit in my driveway.  Our neighbors had 2 porta-johns delivered for their back lawn yesterday.  I often wonder how would all those visiting and vacationing and partying feel if someone came to their home/neighborhood and did the exact same thing to them.  As always, I got this.  59 days until Labor Day! 
High Tide: 8:59PM
Low Tide: 2:25PM
Ocean Temp: 69°
Sunrise: 5:4)AM
Sunset: 8:27PM
UV Index: 9 (high)
Rip Current: Moderate (swim only with lifeguards present)

No comments: